RocketRoute Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. When you visit our website we collect a variety of information about you and put it to different uses. This document explains what information we collect and how we use it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is RocketRoute Limited of Barttelot Court, Barttelot Road, Horsham, West Sussex, United Kingdom RH12 1DQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product or place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, aircraft details, flying qualifications and flight planning data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Flight plans – we will publish your flight plans on our site so that users can see where you and other users are travelling to and from. These flight plans will be anonymised and will not have your date and time of travel listed;
• Technical Information – including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit – including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, a length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
• Flight Tracking – We will track your flights if filed with Eurocontrol or the FAA. This information will be stored on our servers for 90 days after the flight. Our customer support team will use this data to help support active flight plans.
If you decide, you may choose to publish and share a URL to a public page where third parties can follow your flight progress. This page will be available to anyone who has knowledge of the URL.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
COOKIES &VISITOR INFORMATION
This data uniquely identifies you to us but does not (on its own) tell us your name or anything else about who you are. We use this information for the following general purposes:
• to build up an opinion about what kind of content you want to see;
• in an aggregated form with other data from other users to give us useful information about visitors to our site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
We will use this information:
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us; or complementary to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will use this information:
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to facilitate the necessary and proper recording and registration of flight planning and flight tracking services.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell or otherwise release your personal information to third parties to allow them to direct market their products and services to you. In order to provide our products and services, we may, however, need to share your personal information with other companies, and/or third party service providers that process data on our behalf. If you submit personal information to us, you agree to such disclosure.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
• Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to facilitate your access to services available on our website and apps.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• If you pay for any services we will use the information you provide us to take payment. This may involve passing your payment data to our payment processors. If you default on any payment we will also pass the data on the defaulted payment to credit referencing agents.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If RocketRoute Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• We will also pass your personal data to third parties if we are required to do so by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction or if we receive a properly authorised request from a law enforcement agency or if we need to do so to provide our service to you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Updated 06/07/2016 06:00 UTC
US + Worldwide Flight Planning and Filing
Start with FREE Membership